Conferences

Good morning Grade 8 Immersion Families,

Another stormy Thursday! It certainly appears like winter is here to stay. Unfortunately, this means that our Student Learning Conferences are cancelled yet again.

With much support from me and their other subject teachers, your child has put together a comprehensive portfolio of their learning. They have identified strengths and moments of success and pride. They have also clearly defined their learning goals for the upcoming months and the next steps needed to reach them.
That being said, our Grade 7-9 team has decided that instead of trying to reschedule another Thursday evening for conferences, we will send home your child’s learning portfolio with them tomorrow for your son/daughter to present to you at home over the weekend.

Accompanying the portfolio will be a small form where, following the presentation, you can identify highlights of their portfolio and ways in which you can continue to support them in reaching their goals. This will serve not only as evidence of the conversation between you and your child, but also as a keepsake for them to have in their portfolio; a reminder of your love and support. Parents who were fortunate enough to make it out to conferences last week will also receive a copy that they can fill out and return with their portfolios.

Your child has worked very hard preparing their presentation and I have every confidence that they will be able to clearly articulate all areas of their learning. Progress reports will also be sent home in the coming weeks; containing detailed comments from each of your child’s teachers.

If you would still like to meet in person to discuss your child’s progress, please don’t hesitate to contact me and we can set up a time before or after school next week.

I sincerely thank you for all you do to guide and support your child in their learning.

Stay safe and warm!

Mme MacNevin