Week of June 26-28

As we get started on the final moments of the 2022-2023 school year, I just wanted to say how lucky I am to be a Gulf Shore Shark! We’ve had another great year together! I’m looking forward to see what next year will bring, but before we do that, we need to wrap up this one 😉

This week we will spend our time cleaning up our spaces and putting the final touches on the Celebration of Learning.

This evening, beginning at 7pm, students in Grade 7-9 will have their annual semi-formal dance. The dance will take place from 7-10pm. It’s always so lovely seeing everyone all dressed up! Parents are welcome to come before to take some photos, but must leave once we get things started.

Tomorrow, Tuesday, June 27th, we will head to Cineplex in Summerside to see the movie “Elemental.” Following the movie, we will head down to the waterfront for a picnic lunch and some ice cream from Sunny’s Dairy Bar. Students are reminded to bring their lunch with them and a few dollars should they wish to purchase a treat.

Tomorrow evening, we will hold our Grade 9 closing, as we send our oldest sharks along to Bluefield. Our band students in Grades 6-8 will be providing the music for this event and are asked to arrive at 6:30pm, as the ceremony will begin promptly at 7:00pm.

Finally, on Wednesday morning, we will hold our Celebration of Learning at 10:30am, as we celebrate all the amazing things we’ve accomplished this year and kick off our summer!

Parents are reminded that the school will be purchasing school supplies for all students again this year. Students will need a calculator, lunch bag, headphones, a backpack and sneakers for September.

I wish you all an amazing and safe summer break! I look forward to hearing all about your adventures when we return in the fall.

Passe un été extraordinaire!!!

Mme MacNevin